MTI Coordinator – Lindsey Williams - email@example.com
Region 5 is thrilled to again offer the Musical Theatre Intensive for Virtual Festival 53. The goal of the Intensive is to celebrate and recognize outstanding musical theatre students within Region 5 and offer educational opportunities to work with musical theatre professionals.
Congratulations to the MTI Finalists!
Finalists will participate in the Musical Theatre Intensive on Saturday, January 16 from 9 am – 5 pm. Semi-finalists not selected to participate will receive a response on Sunday, January 17. All semi-finalists and finalists should please check their email for more detailed information.
- Finalists will participate in a live Zoom intensive on Saturday, January 16 with guest artists.
- January 19, 2021 by midnight all final MTI videos are due.
- Submit one video (see Guidelines for Video Submissions) of your semi-final round song that is no longer than 3 minutes. Your video must include a slate of your name and song title, but will not be counted in the 3 minute timing.
- The MTI Cabaret will be streamed online for viewing during the week of the festival.
- Awards will be announced at the Festival Recognition Ceremony.
Guidelines for Video Submission
- Record your video in landscape mode (not portrait).
- Position the camera at eye-level.
- Center yourself in the frame and make sure your body is visible from the top of your head to your waist.
- Make sure you are well-lit and your face is clearly visible.
- Make sure your audio is clear and audible.
- Please use a recorded accompaniment track (no a capella singing). Make sure the accompaniment can be clearly heard but is not louder than your voice.
- Include your slate/introduction at the start of your video, as you would for an in-person audition. This will not count towards the time limit of your piece.
- You do not need to edit the video to include anything additional, such as a title card.
- Please upload your video to a streaming service such as YouTube and make sure that the permissions are set to unlisted (others with the link can view the video), not private (only you can view the video).
Please ensure you have all of your materials collected prior to entering the Musical Theatre intensive. Make sure you have uploaded your video to a streaming service, like YouTube, before proceeding.
Entry for this event has closed